Hydrophobic, Uncoated Surface: Weak Cell Adhesion
The Uncoated surface does not permit direct cell growth without an additional coating. Therefore, it is not suitable for the standard cultivation of adherent cells. Due to its hydrophobicity, it facilitates the coating with some proteins (e.g., antibodies) or it can be used for non-adherent suspension cells. However, for cells in suspension we recommend using the Bioinert surface, which completely inhibits cell-surface interactions, even in long-term experiments. The Uncoated surface is a hydrophobic version of the ibidi Polymer Coverslip with identical optical properties.
In the ibidi Application Note Cell Culture Coating (AN 08) (PDF) you will find detailed information on how to do your own coating on µ-Slides and µ-Dishes.
The Uncoated surface is currently available for the following products (please choose “Uncoated” in the Surface Modification dropdown):
- µ-Dish 35 mm, high | µ-Dish 35 mm, low | µ-Dish 35 mm Quad | µ-Dish 50 mm, low
- µ-Slide 2 Well | 4 Well | 8 Well high
- µ-Slide 18 Well | 18 Well - Flat
- µ-Slide I Luer Family | µ-Slide I Luer 3D | µ-Slide III 3in1
- µ-Slide VI 0.4 | µ-Slide VI 0.1 | µ-Slide VI - Flat
- µ-Slide Spheroid Perfusion | µ-Slide III 3D Perfusion
- µ-Slide Angiogenesis
- µ-Plate 24 Well Black ID 14 mm | µ-Plate 96 Well Black