The outstanding characteristic of the ibidi µ-Slides, µ-Dishes, and µ-Plates is their thin coverslip bottom, which has excellent features for high-end microscopy applications. ibidi offers labware with the ibidi Polymer Coverslip bottom or the ibidi Glass Coverslip bottom.
Find more information about the ibidi Coverslip bottom solutions here.
|#1.5 ibidi Polymer Coverslip||#1.5H ibidi Glass Coverslip||#1.5 glass coverslip||Standard glass slide*|
|Bottom thickness||180 µm (+10/–5 µm)||170 µm (+/–5 µm)||170 µm (+20/–10 µm)||1 mm|
|Bottom material||Polymer||D 263 M Schott high
|D 263 M Schott high
* With the 3 Well | 8 Well | 12 Well Chamber Slide, removable, ibidi provides self-adhesive, removable silicone chambers that are mounted on a standard glass slide. They are suitable for upright and inverted microscopy and enable long-term storage of samples after immunofluorescence staining.
Immersion Oil Compatibility of ibidi Labware
Oil immersion is used to increase the resolution of the objective, up to its physical limit. Placing immersion oil instead of air between the objective lens and the coverslip allows for a significantly higher amount of light to be collected by the lens. This, in turn, increases the resolution and the signal-to-noise ratio in microscopic images.
For high-resolution microscopy, cell culture chambers need to be compatible with immersion oil. All ibidi μ-Slides, μ-Dishes, and μ-Plates are compatible with a variety of commonly used immersion oils.
Growth, development, and signaling of cultured cells strongly depend on which surface was used to seed the cells. ibidi offers several surfaces and coatings for different applications.Read more about the versatile ibidi surfaces here.
- ibiTreat: Direct culture of adherent cells; coatings are possible
- Hydrophobic, Uncoated: Application of user-specific coatings
- Collagen I: Culture of adherent cells that require a specific extracellular matrix (ECM) on the surface
- Collagen IV: Culture of adherent cells that require a specific extracellular matrix (ECM) on the surface
- Poly-L-Lysine: Culture of adherent cells that require a specific extracellular matrix (ECM) on the surface
- Bioinert: Culture of suspension cells and spheroids
- Elastically Supported Surface (ESS): Culture of adherent cells on an elastic surface
- Glass: Application of specific coatings; TIRF or super-resolution microscopy; glass chemistry applications
Human primary keratinocytes on the ibiTreat ibidi Polymer Coverslip.
We provide imaging chambers with various geometries that are specifically tailored to your assay.Read more about the geometry of the different ibidi chambers here.
- All-In-One Chambers: All Steps in One Single Slide
- Channel Slides: Homogenous Cell Growth & Optimized Phase Contrast Microscopy
- Ph+ Slides: Excellent Meniscus-Free Phase Contrast Microscopy
- Common formats
- Easy handling
- Large volume
- Excellent imaging
- Homogeneous cell distribution
- Low volume
- Designed for specific uses (e.g., gradients or gel matrices)